Vacations are almost over and for many it’s “back to school” time. Children and adults alike face this time of year with a mixture of excitement, anticipation, and anxiety. We all know it’ll take a few days or weeks to adjust to the new routines and obligations. And change, big or small, wanted or unwanted, can heighten emotional stress, make us vulnerable and, on occasion, completely through us out of balance.
Walnut (Junglans regia) Bach Flower Essence can help us through these changes. It belongs to the “oversensitivity to influences and ideas emotional group”. It can help by encouraging inner strength and resolve. It also helps making us less vulnerable to external circumstances, like the pressure and opinions of others, especially of those whose opinions we value.
Walnut is the essence for new beginnings (starting the new school year, going back to work, moving house, country or job, having a baby, getting married, divorced or retired…). For kids, Walnut can help the whole ‘back to school process’ – children settling and adjusting to the new school year routines, the changes of teachers, fellow pupils and classes, as well as making them less influenceable to stronger personalities.
Walnut offers support and courage when taking a life changing step, both professionally or personally. In this regards, Walnut is the “setting out on one’s own path essence.” In July’s post, I talked about the properties of Wild Oat Flower Essence and how it helps to give direction and focus; in particular in the professional arena. Walnut would be the next essence in a sequence of support. Now that we are clearer about our desired destination and are “sailing” towards it, Walnut Flower Essence can help us to stay on track, not lose sight of our goal and break the ties with whatever is holding us back.
- Does change throw you out of balance?
- Are you someone who usually has clear goals but occasionally lose direction due to the pressure of others?
- Do you feel that someone close to you (a partner, a family member, a friend, a teacher) has a too strong influence on you, are you always looking for his/her approval to the point of changing your mind, even when deep inside you know what the right thing to do is?
- Are you on the final steps of a new project and want support and determination to make it happen?
- Are you going through a major life change (motherhood/fatherhood, menopause, marriage, divorce, moving country or job, retirement)?
Walnut is the first essence of choice when dealing with these changes. However, remember there could be other issues contributing to stress, like fear, indecision, discouragement, lack of motivation… so other essences may be needed to tailor optimal support.
Wishing you all a happy and exciting “back to school time”.
With love (and flowers!)